Wits self service is Wits student portal that gives you easy, convenient access to the information you need as a Wits student.
Wits student portal is your single point of entry for your Wits E-Resources such as email, calendaring, eLearning, etc.
The student portal works best with the latest version of Chrome, Firefox, and Microsoft Edge.
How to log into wits self service
To log in,
- open self-service.wits.ac.za
- Enter your username
- Next, enter your password
- Finally, click on “Sign In” to access your dashboard.
To get the best use out of this, note the following.
Username: Allocated Student number
Password: If you’re an applicant, Wits University will send your password to you via an SMS message to you on registration on the cell number recorded from the completed registration form.
Uses of Wits self service
- Upload your supporting documents.
- View your Academic Application and its Status. (This will inform you of the most recent decision made and will also let you know if we require further documentation from you).
- View your NSFAS status or your Scholarship and Bursary application status (if applicable).
- View your Residence Status (if applicable).
- View your Personal Information (eg: addresses and phone numbers).
Current students can use the wits self service to;
- Access and print your Fee statement.
- Check your timetable and venues.
- View and amend Personal information.
- Check your application status.
- Pay your fees online.
- View final examination results.
- View examination timetable.
- View graduation dates.
How to reset wits self-service password
Reset your Wits self service Password using Password Self Service, which you can do on the Student Portal home page where you would be required to register.
In order to make use of this service, you have to register on the Password Self Service website whilst you are still using a valid password.
- Go to wits.ac.za/mywits and under Password Reset click “register here”. Or “Reset your password here”
- Enter STUDENTS\Student number and then click Next.
- Enter a new password and confirm it, then click Next.
- Password must be a minimum of 9 characters long
- Password must be Alphanumeric (Letters and numbers)
- Password cannot be any of the previous 10 student passwords
You can now log into student email, Wits SAKAI, and Wits network. Password will expire every 600 days.
NB: If you log on to a PC added to the student domain, you would receive a reminder to change your password 20 days before it expires.
The next time you log on, remember to use the NEW password.
How to get help via Wits service desk
The Wits Service Desk is the central point of contact between the student user and Wits ICT.
The creation of all student accounts (returning and new) is an automated student process as part of your registration.
Call the Wits ICT Service Desk if you have problems accessing your email, using the internet, or any other thing regarding wits self service. The Wits ICT Service Desk also offers configuration support to students.
Find out how to register your student email and configure your mobile device here.
If the Wits ICT Service Desk cannot help you with advice over the telephone, the Student Assistant at the desk will log a call for you with the Wits ICT Service Desk and provide you with a reference number for the problem and a consultant will assist.
As a student and a user of the Wits University network, you are required to ensure that your computer is adequately protected with antivirus software.
You are also responsible for ensuring the adequate backing up of your own data prior to Wits providing you with configuration support.
If any of the information is incorrect or if you have any queries, please consult your faculty office.
If you have any queries about wits self service, contact the Student Call Centre on 0117171888 or comment below.