The top universities in Ghana have released 2019/2020 admission forms. If your dream is to study in any of these higher educational institutions, then it’s time to apply…time is running out.
Don’t forget to download the school’s prospectus, go through the various course and their requirements, choose your courses wisely before applying.
Here are the various schools with their application deadlines and where to buy the forms.
University of Ghana 2019/2020 admission forms
The University of Ghana (UG) earlier this month opened applications for admission of undergraduates and postgraduates to the school for the 2019/2020 academic year.
WASSCE candidates who will write their final exams in May/June this year are eligible to apply as awaiting students.
Prospective applicants (postgraduates) are to obtain an e-voucher at the cost of GHC 200.00 and must complete and submit their applications on or before April 12, 2019.
Related: How to check your admission status
The deadline for application for the regular undergraduate applicants is 30th June 2019.
An e-voucher card for the application can be purchased at GHs200.00 for local Ghanaian students at the following banks:
- GCB Bank
- HFC Bank
- Agricultural Development Bank
- Ghana Commercial Bank
- Zenith Bank, Merchant Bank
- UniBank, Prudential Bank
- Fidelity Bank
Applicants are expected to collect a free copy of the University of Ghana prospectus from the Bank after they have purchased the e-voucher.
The University is also accepting applications from candidates interested in post-first degree law, international admission, distance education admission and the graduate entry medical program.
Visit ug admission page for more info.
UCC 2019/2020 application
The University Cape Coast (UCC) is calling for applications from candidates who wish to be considered for admission to pursue any of their degree, diploma or graduate programmes for the 2019/2020 academic year.
The deadlines for the sale of Application scratch cards and the submission of completed application forms are Friday, 10th May, 2019 and Friday, 17th May, 2019 respectively.
Senior High School students partaking in the 2019 WASSCE exams are eligible to apply.
Qualified applicants are to purchase application scratch cards at the centres below:
- Cashier’s Office, University of Cape Coast (Mode of payment – Cash)
- Ghana Post Offices at the Regional Capitals – (Mode of payment – Postal order)
- University of Cape Coast – Accra Office, Tesano – Accra (Mode of payment – Cash)
- Kumasi Workers’ College, Kumasi (Mode of payment – Cash)
- I-J Consult, Apostle Dr. Baidoo Avenue (Off Pentecost Convention Centre Road) Millennium City, Kasoa (Mode of payment – Cash)
- All UCC College of Distance Education (CoDE) Study Centres (Mode of payment: GCB Bankers Draft in the name of The Registrar, University of Cape Coast).
Cost of scratch cards
Post-SSSCE/WASSCE – GH¢220.00
Post-Diploma – GH¢230.00
International Applicants – USD$120.00
UPSA 2019/2020 application forms
The University of Professional Studies, Accra (UPSA), is also opened for admissions from prospective candidates who wish to be considered for admission for its postgraduate, undergraduate and diploma programmes for the 2019/2020 academic year.
Applicants who will be writing the 2019 May/June WASSCE are eligible to apply.
Online Serial Numbers (OSN) for the University of Professional Studies, Accra are available for purchase at the cost of GH¢200.00 for Ghanaian applicants and US$1200.00 for International applicants at the following sales points:
- All Ecobank or Access Bank Branches across the country.
- Any Ghana Post (Post Office) branch nation-wide
- Visa/Master Card/Tigo Cash/Airtel Money using Interpay Africa.
Closing dates for application
WASSCE Applicants Awaiting Result: Friday, 30th August, 2019
Mature Applicants: Friday, 31st May, 2019
Post First Degree LLB Applicants: Friday, 12th April, 2019
All other Applications: Friday, 28th June, 2019
For more info on admission requirement, visit the school’s website for more info.
UEW admission forms 2019/2020
University of Education, Winneba has rolled out application forms for admission into its Degree, and Post-Diploma programmes for the 2019/2020 academic year.
Prospective matured applicants have until March 30, 2019 to submit their application forms whilst Post-Diploma applicants have May 31, 2019 as their deadline.
1. Obtain an Application Voucher from any of the following Banks/Sources: GCB Bank, Agric. Development Bank (ADB), Ecobank, Zenith Bank, Unibank, Fidelity Bank, Republic Bank, and VISA Credit/Debit Card. International Students should use a VISA card.
2. Visit the University’s website at www.uew.edu.gh. Log in with your Voucher Serial Number and PIN, fill an appropriate application form and submit online.