UJ uLink student portal is the gateway to the University of Johannesburg’s institutional resources. Just like other university student portals, uLink was created to enable students perform academic activities.
To gain access to the portal, you must be registered for the year and will need a username and password to log on.
Use the sign in form to gain access to the Uj uLink student portal or to reset or create your password.
Once you have added the required information press the return key or click the Sign in link.
Here is the link to the portal: https://ulink.uj.ac.za
uLink is tablet and laptop or desktop friendly. Therefore, you can tap, click or swipe to access the services and tools within each of the sections.
Once you’re done with whatever you’re doing, log out to prevent others access to your personal info available at the Uj student portal.
Uj uLink includes a Notification Centre, the Banners, Modules and Communities, Administrative Utilities, and Services.
The Notification Centre provides you with important messages and a summary of events for the day.
Staff members who access uLink from their desktop or laptop computers can post new notifications and or events by clicking on the button.
How to reset uj uLink password
Here is how to reset your uj ulink student portal password
- Click on the forgot password link, or
- Contact the enrollment centre on +27 11 559-4555 for assistance.
If you are already academically registered for the current or previous academic year; or perhaps you are planning to register academically via the Student Portal (new students) – provided the registration cycle is currently active, and you want to create a password, here is a simple process to go through;
- Enter your student number
- Enter your ID number
- And follow the rest of the processes.
International Students must enter their passport numbers.
The information you entered will be verified against University of Johannesburg’s database.
After submitting you will be presented with the opportunity to create a new password.
Here is a step by step guide on how to register using uj ulink student portal.
- Log onto the registration portal via ulink.uj.ac.za using your STUDENT NUMBER and
- If you do not have a password, click on CREATE A PASSWORD to continue.
- Click on ITS IENABLER under Administrative Utilities.
- Click on REGISTRATION on the left of the page to start the registration process.
- Detailed instruction of how to use each option can be accessed by clicking on the blue
question mark at each process.
- Work your way through all the processes listed on the left.
- Make sure you verify your contact details
- Read the Academic Registration Rules or Agreement and click on I ACCEPT to be able to continue with Online Registration.
- Click on Cheque and Credit card payment to make a payment (no debit card payments accepted).
- Click on SUBMIT REGISTRATION to confirm your qualification to be registered for.
- Enter your EMPLOYMENT STATUS and select whether you are responsible for your own
account. If not supply the third party information requested.
- Click on SAVE AND CONTINUE
- Select your combination of modules to be taken and click on SAVE AND PROCEED
- Verify the modules you plan to Register for and click on CONTINUE
- Verify your Registration Cost and click on ACCEPT REGISTRATION
- Print your PROOF OF REGISTRATION.
How to check uj application status
To check your application status, log on to the Student Portal application status page. It looks like this in the image below.
On this page you can check the status of your application. Only first time entering students can check their application status, returning students have to contact 011 559 4555.
You can also check the status of your NSFAS application.
Just enter your student number, if you do not have a student number you can use your ID/Passport number to search.
Don’t forget to enter the capture field before clicking on the “Search” button.
Congrats if you’ve been admitted.
How to connect to Uj WiFi
Open your web browser and on the Internet Portal page, enter the following:
- Username: email@example.com
- Password: Enter your password
- Select “Continue”
Note: Internet usage is subject to daily allocated data bundle.
Uj uLink: https://ulink.uj.ac.za
Uj library: https://www.uj.ac.za/library
Staff intranet: https://intranet.uj.ac.za/