UG MIS Web is an online portal created for formal and prospective students of the University of Ghana to create an account or log in to perform necessary academic activities.
The interface has changed. You can log in to the new mis web via This Link.
The ITS web interface or ug mis web-enable students to do;
- Deferment of course
- Checking of results
- Fee payments
- Course registration
- View Ug admission list or status
- Viewing the academic calendar and a lot more.
For students who have recently applied and been admitted, (fresh student), you’ll need to create an account before performing any activity on the web portal. The processes are outlined below.
See also: How to log into ug sakai lms
Procedure for accessing ug mis web
1. Open the UG website, ug.edu.gh with your browser.
2. Open the University of Ghana MIS web page by clicking on Staff (or Student) and selecting MIS Web.
3. Click on the appropriate radio button to choose your status (Personnel or
Student as seen in the image above).
4. Provide your personnel or student number and PIN. You can also click on the
Forgotten Pin button and your PIN will be sent to your UG assigned email address.
5. Click on the login button.
First time log in
6. You will be directed to another screen as shown below, while a temporary password will be sent to your official UG assigned email address.
The email message will look like the image below:
Use this temporary password to complete the next steps
7. Retrieve your temporary password from your email and key it in the Temporary Password field shown above.
8. Create and key in your new password which should be a combination of upper
case letters, lower case letters, special characters, and numbers.
The chosen password must be at least eight (8) characters long and should be different from any previous passwords you have used for ug mis web.
9. Click on the login in button to log into your MIS Web home screen.
10. This completes your first-time login for the new ug mis web.
11. Note: if, for some reason, you cannot access the temporary password, click on
the Forgot Password button and a new temporary password will be sent to your email address.
b. If you see a screen, such as is indicated below instead, click on the Forgot Password button and the above screen will display while a new password will be sent to your email address. Proceed as in 7, 8, and 9.
c. If you do not adhere to the instructions for the format of a new password, or you do not key in the Temporary Password correctly, you will receive error feedback.
After the initial log in subsequent logins follows a slightly modified procedure.
12. Follow steps 1 – 5 above.
13. You will be directed to another screen as shown below:
14. Enter the password you created earlier in the Password field.
15. Click on the Login button to log into ug mis web home screen.
16. Note: if you have forgotten your password, click on the Forgot Password button and a new password will be sent to your email address. You may also change your password by clicking on the Change Password button.