SUNLearn is Stellenbosch University’s Learning Management System (LMS). It is the core platform for learning, teaching, and assessment.
The online Learning Management System has been customized to provide a fit-for-purpose environment in which lecturers and students are able to engage with academic and co-curricular content.
In this post, we’ll go learn about sunlearn login, webmail and answer some questions relating to LMS.
How to login to sunlearn
To log in,
- Click on learn.sun.ac.za
- You were redirected here to Single Sign-On (SSO) page. Here, you need to identify yourself using your network credentials.
- Enter your username and password
- Click on the “Sign In” button to access the platform.
The Single Sign-On (SSO) is the system that handles your logon access to participating web-based applications at Stellenbosch University.
How to access sunlearn webmail
To access your webmail,
- Go to sun.ac.za/webmail
- On the new page, click the first option
- On the Microsoft sign-in page, enter your sunlearn webmail address and password on the next page.
Why is this email important?
You will only receive communication from your lecturers via this email address in the future. All your Sunlearn emails automatically go to this email address.
The password is the same as your Mysun and Library password.
You can access this webmail from anywhere in the world.
- Passwords expire every three months
- You will receive emails from SU prompting you to update your password
- If you ignore these emails, your SU account may be locked
- Never save your password on a public computer (e.g. in the lab or in the internet cafe)
- Always log out and close your browser when you are finished.
This app works with Stellenbosch University sites that have been set up to allow it. You can download it from Google Play Store.
If your Moodle site has been configured correctly, you can use this app to:
- Browse the content of your courses, even when offline
- Receive instant notifications of messages and other events
- Quickly find and contact other people in your courses
- Upload images, audio, videos and other files from your mobile device
- View your course grades
- Check exam results
- And more!
The app requires the following permissions:
- Record audio: For recording audio to upload to Moodle
- Read and modify the contents of your SD card: Contents are downloaded to the SD Card so you can see them offline
- Network access: To be able to connect with your Moodle site and check if you are connected or not to switch to offline mode
- Run at startup: So you receive local notifications even when the app is running in the background
- Prevent phone from sleeping: So you can receive push notifications anytime.
Frequently asked questions
These are questions others are asking about sunlearn login.
What is SUNLearn?
SUNLearn is Stellenbosch University’s Learning Management System (LMS). The moodle platform is the core online platform for learning, teaching, and assessment.
Why can’t i log into sunlearn?
If you can’t log in, be sure to use Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome. If you still can’t log in, then request a change of your password.