The North-West University (NWU) is a South African university with three campuses at Potchefstroom, Mahikeng, and Vanderbijlpark, South Africa.
North West University was established in 2004 through the merger of two universities with very different histories, personalities, and cultures:
- The Potchefstroom University for Christian Higher Education
- The University of the North-West.
If you’re interested in studying at NWU, here’s a simple guide on how to apply.
- Non-selection courses: 30 September 2023
- Selection courses: 30 June 2023
If you’re a successful applicant you should learn more about eFundi.
How to apply online
Logging in step-by-step
Step 1: Getting a student number (start at step 2 if you already have one)
- Go to the online application platform
- Click on New application
- Click on Create new student number and complete all the fields
- Note that the allocation of a student number does not mean that you have completed the application process.
- Go through all the steps below to ensure that your application is complete and that it reaches the school. Incomplete applications will not be processed by the University.
Step 2: Log in
When you receive a student number, use that together with the PIN number you created to log in.
Step 3: What do you want to study?
Complete all the fields. Use the yearbooks to obtain more information about the qualifications, modes of delivery and curricula.
Step 4: Upload supporting documents
In order to consider your application, please upload the following supporting documents:
- Available grade 12 marks (or gr 11 if the gr 12 marks are not available yet), or a copy of your matric certificate – if you have already passed matric.
- Copy of your ID.
Additional documents for international prospective students:
- A copy of relevant results.
- A copy of your passport.
Step 5: Submit application
Make sure you press the Submit Application button when you have finished ensuring that we receive your application.
Change of application details
Prospective applicants (only those who have already submitted their applications) can amend/change their personal details, or request a change of qualification or campus by submitting a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
See also: Best Universities in Africa for Engineering and Technology
Be sure to include your student number and contact details in the e-mail. Here is a link for the change of application details.
How to check nwu application status
Now that you’ve successfully applied and waiting to find out whether you’ve been accepted or not, you’ll need to track your application status.
Here is a simple way;
- To check NWU application status, click http://jbossprd.nwu.ac.za/aaa-webclient/StudentWebCommand.do?sf=143380&lng=3#/top
- Enter your Student Number and PIN, then click the Login button.
Contact details for help/information
- 018 299 4383/4130/4263/2445
- 018 285 2227/2332
I have been trying to apply at NWU but during application it keeps on saying Id number already been used…and yes I once applied after my matric eventually I wasn’t accepted and left ties so now I’m stuck
Is there a way you can change your ID?
can i study on campus using passport of Lesotho but I went to high school in south africa
Since you went to High School in South Africa, I think you can apply, otherwise, apply as a foreign student.