Moodle Ukzn is the University of Kwazulu Natal’s official learning management system. The Ukzn moodle student login can be accessed best on the Google Chrome browser.
If you face any challenge accessing Ukzn’s learning management system, then you’re on the right page.
How to log into moodle ukzn
To access moodle ukzn,
- Click on moodle.ukzn.ac.za
- At the top right corner of your screen (desktop), click on the “Log in” link
- Enter your username (which is your student number)
- Enter your password
- Click on “Log in“.
If you see your name at the top right corner of your screen, it’s a confirmation that you’ve successfully logged in. On your dashboard, you can access your courses and various modules.
Log in with the same login credentials you use for your webmail, wifi, and ukzn student central.
You also can access your courses with the Moodle app on your mobile device. Go to the play store and download the Moodle app. Select your school and log in to access your dashboard.
How to reset your password
To reset your moodle password,
- Go to moodle.ukzn.ac.za/login/forgot_password
- Submit your username or your email address
- Click on the “Search” button.
If you’re in the database, an email will be sent to your UKZN email address, with instructions on how to get access again.
How to upload assignments
On the ukzn moodle login page,
- Click on the dashboard to reveal the courses you’ve registered for in that semester
- There’ll be a link informing you that you have an assignment that needs attention and the due date is approaching
- Click and navigate to your assignment page. You’ll view all the assignment info
- Click on the “Add submission” button at the bottom of your screen
- On the assignment submission page, submit your assignment by either typing it directly into the web editor or by uploading your file from your computer(2nd option)
- Finally, click on “Save Changes“.
If your file is larger than 2MB, you won’t be able to submit your file. Contact your lecturer to increase the file upload size.
Frequently asked questions
Here are questions others asked about moodle ukzn. If you have any question that is not captured here, feel free to use the comment section.
Why Can’t Students See Their Courses?
Registered but can’t find your Moodle courses?
Unfortunately, there are a number of courses that are hidden from students. If, the day after registration you cannot find your courses on Moodle Ukzn, enquire with your Lecturer to ask them to make their Moodle courses available.
What is ukzn learn?
Ukzn learn (learn.ukzn.ac.za) is the first learning management system used by the university until the switch to ukzn moodle in 2019.