General Electric (GE) will provide a flat-rated scholarship support through the “the GE Scholarship”, for the benefit of certain University of Ghana under-graduate students in the areas of BA Computer Science and some BSc Applied Sciences during the next two years of 2017-2018 and 2018-2019 (individually the “Scholarship Year”).
Scholarships are renewable annually provided they maintain a Grade Point Average of (GPA) 2.5 or better.
The Scholarship covers academic and residential fees and book allowance. In addition, leadership training and limited Internship may be offered as long as an excellent academic standard of at least a 2.5 CGPA continues to be met and need is demonstrated.
The Students Financial Aid Office (SFAO) of University of Ghana (UG) is accepting 2018/19 applications for the award of The GE Scholarship for UG students from areas of need reading BA Computer Science or any of the following APPLIED SCIENCES at University of Ghana:
School of Engineering:
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Material Science and Engineering
School of Physical and Mathematical Sciences
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science
- Bachelor of Science in Earth Science
- Bachelor of Science in Information Technology
Applications Deadline: Deadline for the submission of applications for the Scholarship is Thursday October 11th, 2018 at 3:00pm.
Course Level: Any level.
Scholarship Award: Scholarship is awarded up to 4 years.
Study Subject: Science and Maths…see course details above.
Nationality: Not stated.
Eligibility for scholarship
You are eligible to apply if you:
- Are a Ghanaian.
- Are a University of Ghana regular student.
- Obtained an aggregate of 15 or better at the WASSCE or CGPA 3.0.
- Are able to demonstrate limited family income and/or insufficient funds to cover most or all educational related expenses.
- Have the will to succeed (determination, perseverance and success in other pursuits).
- Are reading BA Computer Science or Basic Applied Sciences in the following areas: BSc in Information Technology, Material Science and Engineering, Earth Science, Computer Engineering or Computer Science.
- Will maintain at least a 2.5 CGPA
- Are of a Good Conduct.
Download and submit a completed GE- SFAO FORM AF SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION and the required essays, a copy of your academic records (WASSCE grades), letters of recommendation and supporting need documents.
You may be asked for additional information if corrections are needed or if any information/response on your application is not clear.
For enquiries call the Students Financial Aid Office on 020-518-6904/0302- 945-312 or email email@example.com.
Remember the deadline for the submission of applications for the General Electric Scholarship is THURSDAY OCTOBER 11th, 2018 at 3:00pm.
Apply fast…all the best.