The Students Financial Aid Office (SFAO) of University of Ghana, Legon (UG) is accepting 2018/19 applications for the award of Scholarships from the Educational Pathways International scholarship scheme.
The scholarships are designed for high achievers (Gifted Student) who are from areas of need.
The Scholarship will cover tuition, books, as well as room and board, and a little extra and will be awarded for four years as long as excellent academic standards of at least a B CGPA (3.0 GPA) continue to be met.
Applications Deadline: September 20th, 2018
Course Level: Scholarships are available for level 100, 200 and 300. Find out more below.
Scholarship Award: Scholarship is awarded up to 4 years if you meet certain requirements below.
Study Subject: Any course of your choice.
Nationality: This scholarship is available for students who reside in an impoverished part of the country. So in general, Ghanaians.
Eligibility for the scholarship
You are eligible to apply if you:
1. are a Level 100 student.
2. reside in an impoverished part of the country.
3. attended a less endowed school (GES approved).
4. are able to demonstrate limited family income and/or insufficient funds to cover most or all educational related expenses.
5. have the will to succeed (determination, perseverance and success in other pursuits).
6. obtained an aggregate of 11 or better at the WASSCE.
7. are a Level 200 continuing student with CGPA of 3.5 (limited slot) or a female Level 300 or above continuing student with CGPA of 3.7 (limited slot).
8. confirm that you are not currently receiving support through any other scholarship program and pledge not to accept any other scholarship while in the EPI program.
9. are upon graduation, willing to work for a minimum of two years in Ghana.
10. will during non-school periods, work in a company as an internship or do community service within Ghana.
11. are a gifted child.
Here is how to apply for the scholarship;
Submit a completed SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION and the required essays and
- High School Transcripts (Terminal Reports)
- West African Senior School Certificate Exam Results (WASSCE)
- University Acceptance Letter
- Records regarding achievement tests, academic awards, honors, and substantive assessments by teachers, including letters of recommendation.
- Documents to substantiate your need
Click here to Download a Rev. 8-18 application form.
Deadline for the submission of the applications is Thursday September 20th, 2018.
For enquiries call the Students Financial Aid Office (SFAO) on 020-518-6904/0302- 945-312 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The SFAO is located at House No. 11 East Legon – Main Campus behind the College of Basic and Applied Sciences and opposite CEGENSA.