The NSFAS 2022 applications will be opened soon and these are the necessary documents needed to apply for NSFAS 2022. Before you apply, you’ll need to first create your NSFAS account on the NSFAS website.
Once you’ve done creating your account, you’ll be able to fill out the online application form.
It is very important that during the application, you need to provide your correct ID number, your name(s), and surname as reflected in your ID documents for NSFAS to validate the ID upfront.
This will allow the scheme to prepopulate your application form with the validated and correct information received from the Department of Home Affairs (DHA), South African Social Security Agency (SASSA), Department of Basic Education (DBE), and others.
Benefits for applicants
- User-friendly application form that you can complete anytime, anywhere, on a mobile device.
- Reduce time spent on completing an application.
- Improve the accuracy of the application through data validation and pre-population of fields.
Required documents for nsfas applicants
What documents are needed to apply for nsfas?
- You must provide a Copy of your ID.
- You must have an NSFAS consent form from parent(s), guardian or spouse to submit your personal information for validation and verification. Once you accept the application terms and conditions, you confirm that you have received consent from all relevant parties.
If you’re dependant on your parents, guardian, or spouse, you must provide:
- ID copies of parent(s), guardian or spouse.
- Proof of income of parent(s), guardian or spouse (payslip or appointment letter, where applicable).
If you are self-sufficient, you must provide:
- Proof of income (payslip or appointment letter).
- 1 year’s IRP5 form.
Note: If you are a SASSA recipient, then no proof of income is required. Certified documents are not a requirement due to COVID-19 restrictions.
If the student has a disability, they must provide:
- A completed and signed Disability Annexure A Form (if their information is not pre-populated on the online application form).
- You must provide proof of your disability and a quotation for assistive devices as supporting documents with the application form. Funding for assistive devices follows the same approval process as for financial aid.
- If you are successful in your application for financial aid and you have received notice of the final approval amount from NSFAS, you may arrange to purchase your assistive device through the student disability unit at the university or FET college where you are going to study. The university or FET college can purchase the assistive device on your behalf.
Vulnerable students (child under 18 years), must provide:
- A completed and signed Vulnerable Child Declaration and Consent Form which must be completed by a social worker.
Other documents required, if applicable:
- Retrenchment letter.
- Death certificate/s.
- Divorce decree.
So these are the important documents needed to apply for NSFAS 2022. You can visit the NSFAS Twitter page for the latest news.